French Pink

Unknown Saturday, July 28, 2007
I found this wonderful blog by Melanie who lives in France and has a shop in Provence "LE PETIT CABINET DE CURIOSITES" I love all things French and I was fortunate to have studied Architecture in Paris and Interior Design at Le musée des Arts décoratifs through the Parsons School of Design. However you will have to bear with me on the translations, as my French is a little rusty. I was captivated by the charm of Milani's shop and the pink caught my eye as I have been seeing this color becoming quite popular in North American Interior Design. But in France it has always been in Vogue, particularly since the reign of Louis XIV and his wife Marie Antoinette. Milani's father is an Upholster Extraordinaire. In France it is a noble profession and one that requires schooling and proper apprenticeship under a master. I will do a further posting on Melanie's Father's work which is quite incredible.
The entry to the shop - L'entrée de mon magasin en étage. I love the pink stairs and the geometric design in the floor tile. Notice the brass ball finial on the balustrade.


a small "chauffeuse" (fireside chair) and a "commode" (chest of drawers)

Modern Ambience: Murano glass lamp, Plexiglass console, Designer Guild wallpaper

Pierre Frey cushion, Architectural Element lamp, Linen and organza tablecloth . I love this whole tablescape!
Poteries Ravel & une " duchesse brisée " de jardin en fer forgé 1900

dans un coin du salon , un endroit propice à la prière .... prie dieu en noyer XIX , pelochon en issus vintage et cadre ...
A collection of 19th century frames


After I had done this posting I got this lovely gift from Melanie:
THANK YOU PATRICIA TO HAVE WRITTEN A NOTE ABOUT ME
I'M VERY HAPPY AND VERY PROUD
THIS IS FOR YOU

Thank-you Melanie
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment