: : marathon weekend : :

Unknown Friday, October 5, 2007
image : : www.gettyimages.com

: : believe it or not, this weekend I am running a 1/2 marathon, that's 13 miles [21 kilometers], for me, about 2 1/2 hours of running. first time I've ever run that far.

there is a reason why I run this race in October, apart from the colorful fall leaves, pumpkins, apple orchards and apple pie that they serve you after the race. the reason is that it is usually cooler around this time of year, 65 degrees or so is common, perfect conditions for long distance running.

not this year. I wouldn't complain any other day, but it is still summer in Boston, with 80 degrees and 80% humidity. perfect for the beach, not for 13 miles of running. so squeeze your thumbs for me tomorrow [Swedish expression for" keeping your fingers crossed"].

have a wonderful long weekend!



Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment